Capturing accurate data for an Australian Base Metals explorer with projects in Mexico
- Remote project areas
- Limited communications was providing major issue with data transfer from site to office
- Limited IT infrastructure onsite
- Personnel with limited data management knowledge and experience
- A non-centralised database onsite was causing incomplete datasets
- MS Excel based logging system with multiple versions of logging templates causing delays in compilation, validation and loading to the database resulting in recent fieldwork being unavailable on short demand to the data stakeholders
- No data flow control mechanism
- Database Solution: Expedio hosting with routine extracts and reports to client. See Solution Delivery - "Bundle 1"
- OCRIS Mobile: Expedio implemented a robust data capture solution customised with the client’s business rules, validation and formulas.
- Implementation and training took place remotely
- Expedio hosted: Expedio hosts one centralised database and manages all of Consolidated Zinc’s project data. Hosting the database in Perth at Expedio eliminated the need for Consolidated Zinc to upgrade the IT infrastructure onsite
- Updates & Reporting: Expedio now provides regular updates through small data packages in the company's required format to all departments onsite ensuring the most current and accurate datasets are always available
Field logging process delivering a clean, controlled and rapid flow of data with errors trapped and corrected at the point of capture by the user. The system has resulted in short turnaround times from the point of data collection to clean accurate datasets being made available to all stakeholders providing time savings and cost efficiencies for the client.
A hosted database solution in conjunction with OCRIS Logix and OCRIS Mobile, delivers accurate and valid data to head office and remote locations. Having one centralised database allows Expedio to provide delivery of accurate summary statistics for exploration giving Consolidated Zinc the tools to accurately budget current and future exploration targets. Required skills, software and IT infrastructure overheads have been outsourced to Expedio.