Delivering real value for a well-established Canadian diamond mine
- Difficulties with data flow and data management
- Data was fragmented and in many different formats
- A non-observational style of geological logging was causing delays and hindering data flow
- 3-month delays to use collected data lead to frustrated geologists and management
- Self Managed Database: Expedio introduced a self-managed database solution and provide support. See Solution Delivery - "Bundle 4"
- Data Logging: Expedio implemented a data logging solution that could be used offline with a standardised interface that adjusted the logging style of the geologists to an observational technique. This technique reduced logging time as geologists were no longer adjusting logs to fit standard geological blocks
- OCRIS Logix: A stringent data management process that streamlined the workflow of uploading data from the field logger to the production database
- OCRIS Model: Expedio’s single interface data management solution integrated with our anywhere logging software centralised and standardised all company data
- OCRIS Operational Unit (OOU): Expedio implemented a centralised fully hosted OCRIS Operational Unit
- Data Management: Expedio removed the frustration of waiting months for valid usable data. Data is now usable within hours of it being collected in the field. This allowed for the collection of analytics on production which identified inefficiencies that could be addressed. Centralising and standardising the data provided Logging Geologist, Geology Supervisor, Plant Operators, Plant Supervisors, Diamond Pickers, Resource Modellers and Mining Engineers access to the most current data set as required
OCRIS Logix was delivered to the client onsite, with remote support by Expedio.
The self-managed system has required little to no maintenance since its implementation over 5 years ago.
A single source of validated data ensured all departments are using the latest reliable and accurate data sets.
Data is now available to all departments within hours of collection, management can now act decisively regarding their resource and production in real time.