Delivering always accurate data for a large gold miner and explorer in Indonesia
- Complicated data entry systems
- Non-standard assay management system
- Geologist and field staff were logging on paper in the pit
- Slow turnaround for grade control data users from capture to reconciliation stages
- No consistency and no data flow control mechanisms
- Non-compliance: A culture of database schema changes to force non-valid data into the database
- Non-compliance: Allowing non-valid data into the database compromised the veracity of the dataset and compounded several major issues within the database
- Language and cultural barrier to locate the source of their data issues
- Several generations of data consultancies had tried and failed to solve large scale issues in the importing, validating, exporting and reporting of the data
- Database solution: A self-managed database solution with support from Expedio. See Solution Delivery - "Bundle 3"
- OCRIS Mobile: Expedio designed and implemented a robust data capture solution customised with the client’s business rules, validation and formulas. Changes are delivered quickly and easily applied
- OCRIS Logix: A stringent data management process from field logging to data management with a full, demonstrable audit trail
- OCRIS Model: Expedio introduced a standardised and secure data management system using Expedio’s own schema design and software configuration optimised for mining production
- Increased database security controls allowed the company to regain and maintain the veracity of their database
- Global Experience: Years of experience working around the world meant Expedio was able to address cultural and language barriers by building trust with the onsite staff and deliver on our proposed solutions
- Custom Validation: Customised rules and views ensured non-valid data would be unable to corrupt the new schema. With these rules in place Expedio was able to validate and audit their entire dataset and correct many historic data issues
Field logging process delivering a clean, controlled and rapid flow of data with errors trapped and corrected at the point of capture by the user.
Export Data on Demand
Users can generate ready to use data on demand in standard formats for each production department in addition to automated mailouts of QC data results.
Validation rules, views and security permissions.
By outsourcing the development and support to Expedio, onsite staff can now focus on the day to day data management. The data managers can now provide clean, valid and effective data to the Geologist, Engineers, Metallurgists and Surveyors onsite.