Expedio Top Tip for February better Data Handling:
Poor Data Handling procedures can lead to loss of data, money and time. This can put a resource project under huge risk of failure. Companies are happy to spend millions of dollars on drilling and lab test work, but lack when it comes to storing the data it returns.
Data Handling problems can be attributed to these main factors;
- Break down in data flow procedures;
- loading the same data files several times
- field collected data and lab results not making it back to the main office and the master data set
- Non centralised data;
- multiple copies of the data/database, users and managers working on separate copies of the data. Who has the most recent and up to date version?
- Data being stored on an unsecure/non backed up system;
- what would happen if the computer/server dies, do you lose millions of dollars worth of data
Click here to learn more on how Expedio’s OCRIS Logix processes can help your project and data management procedures.